Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gray Hair

In church the other night looking over the audience; something interesting caught my eye! “All I could see was gray heads and occasionally a younger head." Immediately, the spirit spoke to me saying “A Sea of Gray Heads”.  I pondered the significant of gray hair; I decided to research gray hair in the bible. A preacher said once a church without young people is a dying church. This can be viewed in many ways. Are young people getting the teaching they need to know that God is their life and without him there is no life? Are the Elder's missing the mark? Is the Word of God being stressed as a need for survival? God’s word is an instructor, a peace provider, a friend, a burden bearer and a confronter through your entire life. I found more scriptures than I realized on the subject of gray hair.  These two specifically (Proverb 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 20:29 the glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old.

Scriptures for reference; Genesis 42:38, 44:29, 44:31, Deuteronomy 32:35, I King 2:6 & 9, Job 15:10, Isaiah 46: 4, and Hosea 7:9


No comments:

Post a Comment